Kathleen Porder, MD
Dr. Porder is the Director of the Division of Pediatric Ambulatory Care which includes the pediatric ambulatory care clinics at both the NYC Health+ Hospitals Jacobi and North Central Bronx sites. She is also the Medical Director of the Children's Health Service at Jacobi. The outpatient services which are NCQA certified Patient Centered Meical Homes have 55,000 primary care and 10,000 specialty care visits per year providing care for 25,000 unique patients and employing a staff of close to 100 people at both sites. In addition to our own pediatric residents the clinic is a training site for medical students from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, nurse practitioner students and pediatric dental residents. The clinic also supports a number of novel clinical services including a Family Weight Management program, Behavior Clinic, Mother/Baby program, Lead Poisoning program, a mobile community vaccination van, and Travel Clinic.
Dr. Porder has a interest in immigrant health, mental health, lead poisoning prevention, health disparities in childhood, telemedicine and health informatics, and autism spectrum disorder. Both Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospitals are partners with Montefiore Medical Center in the Integrated Care for Kids grant (InCK) which was awarded to the NYS DOH to develop a model of care for children with chronic medical illnesses and/or serious social concerns. Dr. Porder is the co-chair of the InCK workgroup for primary care integration of children with serious chronic health needs. Current quality improvement projects include the development of a mobile clinic to provide vaccinations in the community, an autism spectrum disorder care coordination clinic, addressing lead poisoning in children and pregnant women, and developing a blended model of preventive care through telemedicine and in person visits.
New York Medical College
- Internship and Residency: Montefiore Hospital/Jacobi Medical Center
- Chief Residency: New York Medical College-Westchester CountyMedical Center
- Fellowship in Ambulatory Pediatrics Fellowship: New York University
- Jacobi Health Information Committee member
- Pediatric Ambulatory Care Leadership Committee member
- H+H Pediatric Council member
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Vaccines for Children (VFC)-Jacobi Physician leader
- Department of Pediatrics-Performance Improvement Committee
- Integrated Care for Kids grant (InCK)-community partner representative