Katherine Jean Chou, MD
Dr. Chou is the Assistant Director of the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, where she is the Coordinator of Resident Education in the Jacobi Pediatric Emergency Department. Dr. Chou is board-certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and she is an Associate Professor of both Clinical Pediatrics and Clinical Emergency Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Rutgers Medical School
- Internship and Residency: New York Hospital, Cornell University
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship: Bronx Municipal Hospital Center (now Jacobi Medical Center)
- Wojewoda E, Chou K: Identifying Factors Associated with Dispensing Dosage Delivery Devices Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Washington, DC, May 5, 2013.
- Chou KJ, Cunningham SJ, Crain EF: Metered-dose inhalers with spacers vs nebulizers for pediatric asthma. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1995;149:201-5.
- Tsung JW, Chou KJ, Martinez C, Tyrrell J, Touger M: An adolescent scuba diver with 2 episodes of diving-related injuries requiring hyperbaric oxygen recompression therapy: a case report with medical considerations for child and adolescent scuba divers. Pediatr Emerg Care 2005;21:681-6.
- Delgado A, Chou KJ, Silver EJ, Crain EF: Nebulizers vs metered-dose inhalers with spacers for bronchodilator therapy to treat wheezing in children aged 2 to 24 months in a pediatric emergency department. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2003;157:76-80.
- Chou KJ, Fisher JL, Silver EJ: Characteristics and outcome of children with carbon monoxide poisoning with and without smoke exposure referred for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Pediatr Emerg Care 2000;16:151-5.
- Suecoff SA, Avner JR, Chou KJ, Crain EF: A comparison of New York City playground hazards in high- and low-income areas. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1999;153:363-6.
- Chou KJ: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, in Crain EF, Gershel, JC (eds.): Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics (4th ed). McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003, pp 189-92.
- Chou KJ: Carbon monoxide, in Crain EF, Gershel, JC (eds.): Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics (4th ed). McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003, pp 413-4.
- Chou KJ: Splinting, in Crain EF, Gershel, JC (eds.): Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics (4th ed). McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003, pp 532-8.
- Kotzampaltiris PV, Chou KJ, Wall SP, Crain EF. The cranial rhythmic impulse and excessive crying of infancy. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 15:341-345, 2009.
- Uppal A, Chou KJ. Screening adolescents for sexually transmitted infections in the pediatric emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015 Jan;31(1):20-4.
- Fernando A, Chou K. Screening for Violence in an Urban Pediatric Emergency Department (PED). Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 1, 2016.